Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Abandonded Dreams

This past week I had the opportunity to see my favorite band, Royal Bliss, for the eighth time. These guys always put on an amazing show and leave everything on stage. Once they have finished their set, they always take time to mingle with their fans. I also had the opportunity to meet and hear The Young Gunz Band open for Royal Bliss. The guitarist is 12 years old and the bassist is just 14 years old and these kids can play. Now, I am no expect on talent but they sounded amazing to me. These kids are chasing their dreams and doing what they love.

I am sure that these boys have their struggles. Booking gigs, band practices, teenage drama, school, and I'm sure that there are many more that I have missed. Despite what ever obstacles have presented themselves to these young men, they have stuck to their "gunz" and have made their passion a reality. They have even produced their first single, got it on the local radio station, and are taking half of the proceeds from the sale the single and putting towards producing their first CD.

What ever happened to the dreams that we had as kids? Why did we abandon them? We used to sit and talk for hours on end about what we would be when we grew up, where we would live, what we would do for vacation, and what material possessions that we would have. Life hands us, maybe, a less than desirable career and we settle for it. We change our plans for our dream home for what we can afford for now and once again settle for it. When we stop dreaming, I believe, it is because we are settling. When we settle, we are lowering our standards to meet where we are in life. I understand that life hands us a mortgage, car payments, health issues, 40+ hours work weeks, but none of that matters if you really want your dreams to become your life.

Don't allow your struggles and setbacks to determine what your life will look like. Be bigger than them, believe that you deserve your best, and begin to pursue those abandoned dreams. Don't fear the unknown and make your intention be known about how you feel about those dreams of days gone by. Needles to say, I was inspired by The Young Gunz to keep pursuing my dreams and passions. 

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big

No comments:

Post a Comment