Saturday, February 23, 2013

Not All Who See Have Vision

Let's be honest here. Sometimes, it seems, that life can really suck. Drama, finances, family, job(or lack of), and friends, just to name a few of the things that seem to cause life to suck. We seem to get thrown into situations that we didn't create, and yet, it seems as though we are the ones who need to rectify the situation. Too many times, we take up the torches that have nothing to do with us. We have to learn to remove ourselves from these situations. Allowing others to drag us into their "world" only damages us. I'm not saying that we shouldn't help others. What I am saying is, it is more beneficial to help others help themselves. Like the old saying goes, "Feed a man to fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime." First step of less stress, don't allow others' dramas and problems to become your dramas and problems.We get blinded by what is going on and lose sight of the root causes. Second step is to never lose our own vision of happiness. If we are not happy, we become less effective not only in our own lives, but in the lives of others. It's not selfish to make ourselves happy. It's selfish to not be happy. We all have so much to offer the world in which we live and the only way to be effective, it is be happy. Loving ourselves and accepting where we are right now in our life is so important. It doesn't mean that we are where we want to be, but understanding where we are, how we got there, and what we want our lives to look like in the future is healthy. Not until I accepted who I was, how I had gotten to where I was, and the developed a clear vision of where it was that I wanted to go, did my life begin to change. I still had to take action and I still had bumps in the road, but when the end results are our focus, life becomes much easier. I have come to another fork in my life's journey, and I will take it with serenity because I know that which ever path I choose it will be the right one for me now. 

I would encourage all of you to stop just looking at the world in which you live and develop a vision for where it is you want to go and the kind of person that you want to become. Without sight we will trip on the pebbles that others have left, but without vision we have, in essence, placed ourselves in pitch darkness. Get a vision for your life. Make your vision about the intangibles in life. Love, happiness, compassion, and self-worth are some of the most to me. What is important to you in your life? How can you create more of those things in your life? 

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big.

No comments:

Post a Comment