Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's Been One of Those Weeks

As you can tell from the title of this post, it's been one of those weeks. Without going into a lot of details, my job has been a little more stressful than normal and expected this week. I have done my job long enough that I can anticipate a certain amount of stress, especially being only eight days away from inventory. But, it has been the unexpected things this week and maybe a lack of sleep last night, that seemed to make me feel like I was about to break today. I understand that breaking isn't an option for me or even in me for that matter. But stress has a way of playing wicked games with our body, mind, and spirit. 

We all know how bad stress can be on our bodies. Everything from heart problems, weight gain, headaches, insomnia, and depression can stem from prolonged exposure to stress. Stress also plays tricks on our mind. When we get stressed, it can cause us to doubt our abilities, our relationships, our dreams, and our goals. When our bodies and minds are attacked like this, our spirit takes a beating as well. We lose motivation, determination to push through, and our abilities to hear our inner voice. 

Even though I know that this too shall pass, I had moments of difficulty today. Even though, I know that I am capable of so much more, I had trouble staying focused on the outcome rather than the trial. As I am writing this, I am finding it rather therapeutic because it seems to be helping my stress level. I know that these few days will pass and are more like a pebble on my highway of life rather than the boulder that it seemed like today. I kept reminding myself today that my life is more than my job. That I have a passion to pursue, goals to achieve, and dreams to fulfill.

So next time stress enters your life, and we all know that it will, stand strong, hold your head high, and weather the storm. Because, you are more than the situation and it's only there to test your resolve. I will end my day on a high note, with a smile in my heart, a burning passion in my spirit, and a confidence that tomorrow will be what I make it.

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big

No comments:

Post a Comment