Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Mosaic of Life

I'm not really the artist type. Matter of fact, I often tell people, "I can't drawn a straight line with a ruler." My artistic skills pretty much stopped at coloring inside the lines. I can appreciate what other are capable of and I applaud their efforts. I have been to museums and I love to look at all of the wonderful paintings, sculptures, drawings, and the assorted works from such talented people.

Many of us have had things happen in our lives that we consider to be broken. Broken families, relationships, careers, marriages, and hearts. These things can have such lasting effects on our lives. They can cause us to distort our view of life. They can keep us from being truly happy in life. Worse yet, they can severely limit our possibilities of ever having a healthy relationship, marriage, or career again. We refuse to let go of the hurt, the grudges, the disappointments, and scares left behind. We carry around the baggage left behind by there things like they are a badge of honor. We love sharing these battle scars with whomever will listen. Looking for someone to justify our feelings and join our pity party. 

I believe that there is another option. Much like an artist, we can choose to make something beautiful out of the broken pieces. I am pretty sure that we have all seen what a mosaic is. It's where you take what looks like a bunch of broken pieces, glue or concrete them together, to make a new and more beautiful picture than before. The colors are more arrayed, the pieces are now where you want them instead of how others have placed them. When we take charge of our lives, and begin to place the pieces where we want them, then and only then are we truly the artists of our own lives. We have to choose to make something beautiful out of the the pieces that we have. Sure it's not always easy. It will take some time and some glue, but the end result is worth it. The glue is the things that are right in our life. The people, career, dreams, and passions that drive us to be at our best. Find the glue in your life and begin to build your life mosaic.

I have had my share of things broken in my life, but I had to come to the point in my life where I decided that making something beautiful was more important than finding the next guest to attend my pity party. Pick up the pieces and make a new life and create a beautiful mosaic with those pieces. Those pieces should remind you of the good times and what can be done differently this time. I have learned so much from my past and I have created the beautiful life that I now live. I know that it will only get better, as long as I stay committed to creating beauty from the pieces.

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big

No comments:

Post a Comment