Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Don't Work Too Hard?

I don't know if it's just a Midwest thing or not but many people use the phrase, "Don't work too hard" as a part of their goodbye. I have probably even used this phrase, but as of late it has stuck a chord with me. Are people telling me to not work so hard that I kill myself or just to literally not work too hard? If they are telling me not work so hard that I injury or kill myself, thanks for the reminder. I don't think that I exude that kind of effort. I have been told that I make my job look easy. I credit that to the fact that I have been in retail for almost 24 years and all but 6 years of that in management. So if people are literally telling me, "Don't work too hard", my questions for them would then be, "Why not."  This is my life and no one is going to create the kind of life that I want to live. It my responsibility to work my ass off in my life. This world doesn't owe me anything, I owe me my best. That means, that if I don't do the work, the world will not hand me the life that I desire. Only I can determine what I want my life to look like or how I want it to feel. I understand that I will stumble and fall, but that will make me appreciate it more. Other people will hurt me along the way, but this will teach me forgiveness. Things will not happen as soon as I want, this will teach me patience. Things will happen that I didn't expect, this will teach me wisdom. Because of all of this, I will become who I was created to be, but only if I "work too hard." I believe in applying blood, sweat, and tears into my life. Because of this, I will be stronger. I will learn to adapt, improvise, and overcome any situation to become my very best. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, "If it's to be, it's up to me." I can't go back and change what has been done, but today I can make the changes to create a new ending. If things haven't been going the way you intended, dare to take the control of your life back from anything or anyone that you have been allowing to control your life. You will not achieve you best by default, you must "work too hard." Nothing in life worth having comes easy. Work, work, and then work some more. Begin today!

Check out the song Unity by Shinedown before you go. I put the link at the bottom but I don't know if it will work. I believe that the song was written about a lost love, but what if that lost love was your authentic you. The you that you have been dreaming of being? 

http://youtu.be/-Yq6upZ5DXo


Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big

No comments:

Post a Comment