Sunday, August 25, 2013

Frustrations and Fears

Sometimes, I feel the need to share something personal. This happens to be one of those moments. The last couple of days, I have been feeling a little off. I know that I am not in the correct mental state that I should be in. I get in the kind of funk from time to time. I'm not sure what triggers it, but I know that it doesn't last. We all have struggles that present themselves from time to time. Some tougher than others. I'm not afraid nor intimidated by what life throws at me. Do I like this feeling, no, but I know that I am bigger than this funk that I am in.I understand that my frustrations come from within me. I am impatience, I don't think that things are happening as fast as I want them to. I have moments when I feel like I am not progressing like I should be in my speaking and coaching career. Every time that I have thought that I have made connections that you help me down that path, they have all ended up as a dead in, so far. I know that I cannot place my success on the coattails of others. I'm not asking for a hand out, I am looking for a hand up. The old saying goes, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." I feel like this student is ready, where is the teacher. I need to know what the next step should be. I can only read so many books, which I don't mind doing, but there is a point where I need hands-on experience. Sure, I have created those opportunities, but when will doors open for me, instead of me creating those doors and opening them? I also get frustrated with people. I know that I can't control them, I can only control my actions and emotions. I have has people say that they support me and yet their actions say otherwise. I know that I am suppose to concentrate on what I love and not what loves me, but my ego sometimes gets the better part of me. It's not that I am giving up. Since I began this journey of personal development, almost four years ago, I have lived a better life than I ever have. More happiness, love, joy, and contentment that I have ever had. I love my life and wouldn't change where I am right now for anything else. I know that things can only get better from here. So you might be asking yourself why would I post what seems like a depressing blog, but I believe that sometimes we need to be real about our emotions. I'm not lashing out at anyone or any thing. I am merely coming face to face with my fears and frustrations. I have done this before and it usually is a very cleansing experience. Being transparent with ourselves will help us dealt with so many issues. I went to a conference back in July and they talked about sharing your feelings with an empty chair. Sounds weird, but try it some time. When we are transparent with ourselves, it is easier to be transparent with others and that is so key in being authentic in a world of fake people. The world is hungry for authentic truth and it begins with individuals. As I continue my journey, I will probably have more moments like this, but I will persevere. I refuse to go back to a life of mediocrity, allowing outside forces determine how I should. I refuse to go back to living my life by default. I will traverse each and every mountain put in my way, and find my way to the top and enjoy every step of the way. The view from the top may be spectacular, but there are still flowers, streams, and beauty along the way. 

Adapt, Improvise, And Overcome to become your very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment