Thursday, November 10, 2011

Somthing So Simple Meant So Much

As many of you know, I have spent the last eleven months working on me and preparing myself to accomplish my passions and dreams. Twenty plus books and hours of motivational/educational videos and CD's to help me get my mind and spirit in line with who I want to be as a person and where I need to be in my professional life. I have had the opportunity to meet some great new friends, speak to two High School classes, share my vision with several individuals, and learn a lot about myself along the way. I have taken most of the negatives out of my life, those that I have control over, and replaced them with the the positive stuff that I need.

The past eleven months haven't been completely easy. I have had many days filled with self-doubt, fear, impatience, and wanting to quit. There have been many days that I questioned if this is really what I wanted to even do. Giving up would be easier, and just go on on the career path that I have been doing for the past nineteen years. I make good money, I know what I am doing, and I've been doing it so long that it's not really work anymore, it's more like a habit. But I realize that giving up on my passion would mean that I would be giving up on a certain amount of happiness and fulfilling what I believe to be my true calling in life. Those two things are not something that I am willing to risk. I have played it safe long enough, time for me to step out and take a risk.

We live in in society of instant gratification but I understand that I didn't get to my current place in life overnight, so it will take some time to get out of it. It's going to take some time for me to start reaping the benefits of my efforts. A couple of days ago I received and email from a friend of mine, telling me that "he reads a lot of my posts on Facebook and that it has encouraged him to follow his dream no matter the obstacle." Now this may seem like something small and not much of a reward for eleven months of work to most people but this meant the world to me. It encouraged me to continue down the path that I have started down towards my passions in life no matter what obstacles I may encounter. The rewards will come from out of nowhere and when you least expect them. I'm not sure what 2012 has in store for me, but I do know that as long as I stay true to my passions and dreams happiness will follow.

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big

No comments:

Post a Comment