Thursday, February 9, 2012

And The Rain Began To Fall

As many of you know I have spent the last year working on myself. Over twenty-five books in about thirteen months. Countless hours of motivational audio. All of this time, money, and work (invested not spent) to accomplish little to no outward physical evidence. So you might ask yourself, "Why would you make those kind of sacrifices for so long with not reward?" My answer is simple, "I have chosen to follow who I was destined to be instead of who I had become by default." I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. This passion has always been inside of me and I have even had times that I started to consider it to become a career but I continued to choose what I was instead of what I could be. 

My first real job, at 16, was at a local grocery store. And since my Mom taught me a strong work ethic, I excelled. I continued to stay in retail and worked my way into a store manager position.vI have since been in retail for over twenty years, and still currently am, mostly because it was what I knew and was good at it. I believe that the fear to take a leap of faith in myself and that fact that I got comfortable and complacent where I was at prevented me from realizing and pursuing my passion.

The first time I was introduced to the world of Motivational Speaking and Personal Development was when I was twenty. I was amazed at the things that I was learning and applying to my life. But having the mentality of "the short fat kid in school", I didn't see that I was destined nor did I feel that I had what it took to pursue that career. Then in November of 2010, and the only way to explain it is, something inside of me snapped. It was like all of a sudden I realized what it was that I had to do with my life. In some ways I wish I could say that it some miraculous event but I'll take it none the less. I knew that I have always been able to encourage and help others with their problems. Throughout my life, friends, family, and sometimes even strangers have came to me for advice. Everytime that I had a chance to touch a life, no matter the outcome, I always felt a sense of pride and peace about what I did because I knew that I shared my heart.

All of this being said, I have now entered into a point in my personal development when the rain has began to fall on all the seeds that have been planted and the crops are just beginning to peek through the soil. I know that what my mind's eye can see isn't even close to the harvest that I will be able to reap. But, I know that this is right where I am suppose to be and my passion is my passion.

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big

No comments:

Post a Comment