Saturday, July 7, 2012

You Can Run and Hide

In my early twenties, I figure out what my passion is in life. I realized that I enjoyed helping people. I remember kids coming to me in junior high, telling me their problems and asking for advice. I always got a special sense of happiness from helping them out. Sure, being that young, I only had a certain amount of life experience, but I used what I had. I've also been able to learn from others' life experiences and share that information as well. Helping others was something that I never had to go look for, they always seemed to find me. Age never seemed to be an issue either, I talked with people from all ages. It always made me feel a little extra special, when those with a lot more life experience than me, come to me for advice.

Even though I knew what my passion was in life, I never actually took the steps to pursue it. It seems like, every time that thought about pursuing it, something was in my way. I would run and hide behind whatever that thing was. It was money issues, a job, or lack of opportunities. I would allow these things to stop me from pursuing my passion as a full-time career. I would run to what was convenient or hide behind the obstacles that I saw. Pursuing your passion will take work, but it's worth it.

As much as I tried to run and hide, my passion never left me. It was always there, waiting to remind you that it hasn't left. Maybe I heard a story that reminded me of what I wanted to do, or saw a TV program about someone doing the very thing that you want to do. Our passion isn't there by mistake, I believe that you are born with it. We have a destiny in life and it is tied to your passion. Running and hiding from it only causes you to delay the happiness that you were destined to have.Your real destiny is within you and it wants to be pursued. 

Almost two years ago, I decided that I owed it to myself to finally pursue my passion in life. I have put a lot of work into it and have made some great strides. I know that I still have a long way to go, but every step that I have taken has been more than worth it. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this will one day become my full-time career. My life has changed so much and I'm not looking back. Helping others IS my passion and I will pursue it until the day I die. Today my career as a Motivational Speaker and Life Coach is underway and it will be my legacy.

Don't allow another day pass without taking a step toward pursuing your passion in life. You owe it to yourself, your family, your friends, and the world. 

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big

No comments:

Post a Comment