Thursday, May 9, 2013

To Have or Not To Have

All too often we get stuck in the rut of being a "have not." We believe that the reason or reasons that we are lacking in a certain area of our life is due to something outside of ourselves. We believe that "they" were born into it or that "they" got lucky. The reason that we believe these things is because all we see are the end results. Most of the time we don't see or hear about all the years of hard work that "they" put in before they became successful. There is no such thing as an overnight success. There are years and years of hard work that happen before success comes. The biggest difference between "them" and us, is they decided to act upon an opportunity and continually work at it until they achieved their desired result. What results do you wish to see in your life? Do they involve happiness, relationships, monetary, or career? What are you willing to do to achieve these results? What are you willing to sacrifice to reach these results? So now that you have answered these questions, just do it. The biggest difference between those who have their desired results and those who don't are those who do what is necessary and those who make excuses. We allow ourselves to accept excuses as to why we don't have the life that we desire.

A week ago, I was told that I would be on crutches for four weeks. Before I even left the parking lot, I was already discussing, with my boss, what I could do at work. Instead of worrying about what my limitations would be, I was concentrating on what I would be able to do. I was already formulating a plan of action. I could have taken the easy route, filed for my short-term disability, and sat at home and did nothing.  I decided to stay working, change a part of my role at work, and still remain and active member of the team.

Stop cluttering up your mind with what you can't do and become a part of the solution by concentrating on what you can do. Either you are a part of the solution or you are a part of the problem. Either you are doing what you can or you are making excuses. Either you are a have or a have not. It's your life, how will you decide to live it. Sure obstacles will arise, but choose to adapt, improvise, and overcome those obstacles. Make a difference in your life today and become a doer in order to become a have kind of person.

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big

No comments:

Post a Comment