Sunday, September 8, 2013

Breadcrumbs

Wow, it's hard to believe that it has been two weeks since my last blog post. I have had a lot of ups and downs the past couple of weeks. The good news is, my downs aren't near as low as they used to be a couple of years ago. This blog is going to be a continuation of sorts since my last post. I am still in kid of a funk. My mind has been really been playing with my emotions. I feel like a tree just trying to weather the storm. Just in case the doubt that has any questions, I'm not going anywhere. I know that my choice to pursue my passion to speak is what is right for me. This doubt that keeps on crashing in has had me in a place that I really don't like. I know that fighting it, only gives it more attention. I have chosen to acknowledge it's presence and just stand strong like that tree in a storm. This tree will bend, might lose some leaves, maybe even a limb or two, but when this storm passes, I WILL BE STRONGER. I refuse to give in to this doubt. 

So back on September 4, 2013, I posted this on facebook:

Just because you are feeling down, doesn't mean you shut down.When you shut down, you are not receptive to what the universe is telling you. When things are going rough, the universe will drop you a bread crumb to remind you to not to give up and that you are on the right path. Thank you universe for that today.

This post was the day after I had a really tough day internally. The responses that I received, both publicly and in private, from this post confirmed my resolve to stand strong. The universe has tossed me a breadcrumb earlier that day to remind me that my message is needed. A friend of mine told me that she had not forgotten about me and was still planning on having me speak for her organization. I really needed to hear those words that day and the universe knew that I needed it. I am truly grateful for everything in my life, both past and present. My impatience is probably fuel for some of these doubts. Impatience has been something that I have battled with my whole life. 

You might be wondering why, once again, I am sharing what seems like a less than motivational post. One thing that I have tried to pride myself in is that I am an authentic person. I'm not going to hide behind a mask that isn't true to me. I have nothing to gain from being fake, but everything to gain by being authentic with all of you. Even as a person who always seems positive, I have my times of struggle and I'm not afraid to share them with you. If this post does have a message within it, it's this:

Stand strong within the storm. Use this time to come out of the storm better and stronger than before. Be aware when a breadcrumb is thrown your way from the universe. It will let you know when you are on the right path.

Adapt, Improvise, And Overcome to become your very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment