Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lieutenant Dan and the Storm

The link below is to the scene from Forest Gump when Lt. Dan rides out the storm from the mast of the shrimp boat. Not sure why I have been having problem adding a video to my posts. But click on it anyway. :)

http://youtu.be/8ZH9ebAZouk


"Sometimes you just have to wait until the storm passes. Action is not required, only standing strong as the winds howl, the thunder cracks, the lightening strikes, and the down pours of rain. It wasn't a storm of proving what you can accomplish but rather a test of will. Can you be faithful with what you have been given before you are blessed with more? Bring on the rainbow and clearer skies. Life is about feeling blessed through it all."

The above statement is what I post in facebook on September 12th. I wish I could explain what has been going on in my mind. I am feeling fine physically, mentally, and spiritually, but I'm not sure what is going on emotionally. I just can't seem to shake this slump that I have been in. I have taken time for myself, read motivational books, listen to positive music/speeches, and even watched transformational videos, but nothing is working. I am beginning to wonder if I have sent the wrong message to my ego. Now when I say ego, I am talking about the part of us that is of flesh and blood not that part of us that is spirit. Maybe there is some confusion on my ego's part, but I'm not going any where. I was born with the gift to reach people and for me to go back to denying it, is just not going to happen. I have said time and time again that I would speak and coach if I never got paid because it is a part of who I am. I do it because denying it is leading a life less lived. Been there, done that, and I prefer my life with it in my life a lot more than I do without it. That is how I know that it is what I am supposed to do. You call it a hobby, a dream, a "thing" I do, or what ever you want, the point is, it is a part of who I am. You wouldn't just cut off your pinky toes because you think they are useless, they are a part of you. You keep them because they are a part of who you are, they are a part of your identity. 

I know that through this storm in my life, that maybe the most important things that I can do is just stand strong. When we act out of desperation, we are reacting according to out desire to be liked and accepted by others. I want to act because it is the right thing to do. If that means that inactivity is what is right, for the moment, then so be it. I have tied myself to the mast of this ship of speaking and coaching during this storm and I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that once this storm is over, I will come out of it still attached to this mast. I may have some battle scars but the scars will be there to remind me that I fought an won. Not out of stubbornness but out of commitment and desire to not quit. I have been a quitter before and I have the bad taste that it leaves. The taste of success is worth whatever I may have to go through. 

I will continue to be faithful with what I have been given up to this point. I will not turn tail and run. I now understand that my legacy is at stake. My identity and reputation will not be tarnish because I chose to give up. 

Adapt, Improvise, And Overcome to become your very best.

 

4 comments:

  1. when I followed the Christian faith I believed Satan would mess with me most just before I was about to accomplish something great...I now know that it is our egos that do the messing...for the ego is afraid of losing its grip...I believe each of us face that despair just before we succeed...as a server, you do what you do because you wish to serve others...and whatever you are going through now will not just strengthen you...but give hope to someone in the future who needs to know that they are not alone....and having been there your self you can honestly say that you understand...I can say this to you now because I understand...I still have some moments when I feel the struggle is tougher than I am...but then I a reminded by the universe that if I couldn't handle it I wouldn't have been given the task...and neither would you...sooooo....YOU GOT THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for the words of encouragement. I too used to follow the Christian faith and have heard the very same thing. There is just something very different about this struggle from ones that I have been in the past. It is some uncharted waters for me, but my compass is still on serving others with my gifts. I know that on the other side, of what ever this is, there is something amazing in store for me. THanks again.

      Delete
  2. Spot up for this write-up, I actually believe this excellent website needs a lot more consideration. I’ll oftimes be once again to learn to read far more, thanks for that info. Ambitious We

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to recall that by Star Trek: Next Generation, the Romulans had become a group of worthy adversaries to the denizens of the Federation. AMBITIOUS WE LIFE COACHING

    ReplyDelete