Friday, October 14, 2011

I Want To Meet Me

This past Tuesday I was invited to participate in a conference call with other motivational speakers and entrepreneurs from around the country and over seas. My friend Jim Hernandez, a fellow motivational speaker, shared a story how he took advantage of an opportunity to meet one of his heroes, Les Brown. The question was then ask, “Who would you like to meet and why?” People answered everything from other speakers, the President, Oprah, to local business leaders. 

I have a few people that I would like to meet, such as Scott Alexander(an author), Les Brown, Guy Fieri, Gordon Ramsay, and a few others. However, the person that I want to meet the most is me. I know that that answer sounds a little strange but follow me for a moment. I, like most of you, have big dreams and goals. I want to meet the me that has accomplished those things in life. I want to meet the person that I aspire to be. I want to meet me at my very best.

I know that life has struggles, set back, and things will come along that will stop you in your tracks in the pursuit of your dreams. I want to meet the me that is going to achieve those dreams in spite of these obstacles. I want to meet the me that didn’t take “no” for an answer. I have my weaknesses and short comings, but I know that I have what it takes to push beyond what I am currently capable of and become the person that I aspire to be.

I want each and every one of you to aspire to meet the you that you want to become. I want each and every one of you to meet you at your very best that you can be. The person that has accomplished your dreams. We all seem to quickly make the decision not to lose, but we procrastinate the decision to win. Make a step and decision today to start winning. It’s harder to lose if you are winning.

I also wanted to touch on the subject of surrounding yourself with right people. The conference call was so motivating. I put myself around people who are expecting to win. Most of us didn’t know what the other persons’ dreams and goals are, but we encouraged each other any way. I have a handful of friends with that same mindset. We need those kind of people in our lives. In a world full of negative, find those who will support and encourage you. They don’t have to understand all that you are trying to accomplish, they just need to be your cheerleaders.

Dream Big…Pursue Big…Live Big

1 comment: