Thursday, January 12, 2012

You Gave Up That Right

So, I am going to start off this blog with a warning. This will not be my usual motivational type post, but more of an in your face reality check about how I view problems in our lives. If your feeling get hurt easily, you might want to stop now. If you continue to read, I hope that this sheds some light on your perception of your problems in life.

You have given up your right to bitch about the problems in your life if you have decided to ignore it and do nothing to correct it. I hear people bitch and moan about how bad things are in their life and how they wished they were better and yet they are doing nothing to correct it or make it better. Let me share a couple of true stories with you:


I know this guy, who a year into his marriage found out that his wife had cheated on him before they were married. This guy understood, once he had taken some time to analyze the situation, that he only had two options. Option one, divorce and move on with his life. Option two, forgive the woman that he loved dearly and never throw it in her face what she had done. Selecting option two meant that they would have to work on their relationship and not just ignore the problems. The guy chose option two and from what I can tell, they have a great relationship.


I know another couple who have struggled financially throughout their marriage. One of the root causes has been a credit card in her hands. She has a tendency to buy stuff that is not really needed or at times went shopping to deal with her depression. This has been a major point of contention in their relationship and she stills complains about their financial situation but doesn't do anything to correct the problem. 


Here is my point, it is an utter waste of time and energy, physically, emotionally, and spiritually, to complain about your situation if you're not going to do anything about it. If you choose to keep your problem, then you only have you to blame for it so stop complaining and live with it. On the other hand, if you choose to deal with it, instead of complaining about it, put that energy into fixing the problem and move on with making your life better. 

When I learned to move my efforts and concerns to the things in my own personal life that I can control, life changed for me. I am a much happier person with little to no stress. Sure, issues still arise, but I understand that I can either do what I can to correct them or live with it. Either way, I have given up my right to bitch about them.


Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big

No comments:

Post a Comment