Sunday, March 24, 2013

Know The Rolls

It has been said that our lives are like movies in which we not only get to star in, but we are also the director. We also get to select our supporting cast, location, and so much more. Just think about it. We have the opportunity to create a record-setting, must see, block-buster of a movie. And it's never to lat to start because we all know that it's not how you begin, but how you finish that matters.

Sure, there are parts of our movie that we can't always control. We can't control how much time we have to make our movie, what kind of weather we will have to "shoot" in any given day, or even if we will be nursing an injury that day. These are the kind of things that I would like to talk about today. We have a choice in how much of a roll these kind of things will play in our movie. Will you allow them to take over your movie, our will they merely be a passing scene? We can either dwell in the little things or we can keep them little things. The longer we dwell on these kind of things, the more of a role you are giving them. And the more time we give them in our movie, the less time we are allowing for the good things that we want in our lives. 

You see things like pain(physical, mental, or emotional) only have as much of a role in our live as we give it. Would you rather watch a watch your movie filled with laughter, happiness, and love or one filled with misery, pain, and fear? It's your movie and it's your choice. When I was able to let go of the things that I didn't want in my life, I made more room for the things that I wanted. I am able to enjoy my life more. I sent things like not forgiving those who hurt me, physical pain, failures, and set-backs to the cutting room floor. I have decided that these things would no longer define my movie but rather the things that add to my life in a positive way.

What do you want your life to be known for? When people see the trailer for your movie, will it want them wanting to see more? Create a block-buster!

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big


No comments:

Post a Comment