Friday, March 29, 2013

Winning Is The Moment

Winning is the moment, better is forever. When we realize this, our whole perspective on life can change. The moment we win, it can be such a euphoric feeling. The pain is gone, the sweat, tears, and blood that it took to get us to that moment seems to have all but faded from our memory.Winning is what we were striving for. Winning means different things to different people depending on the circumstances. A few years ago, I ran my first 5k. No, I didn't beat everyone to the finish line, nor did I even win my age group. For me, winning was completing it. I finished it in just under an hour and from what I was told, that was a decent time. That was a winning moment for me. Crossing the finish line made me feel wonderful, just knowing that I had accomplished what I had set out to do. About a month ago, I was given the task to get a store ready for inventory in just 12 days. This store was no where ready when I arrived, but none the less, the job had to be completed. I ended up working an average of 11hours per day to accomplish the task but it got completed and we were ready for inventory. That was another winning moment for me. It feels good to when we accomplish our goals. What we sometimes forget to do, once we have accomplish what we set out to to, it to reflect on what it took to get us to that moment of winning. While winning is great, it only last for a moment. But the effort that we put in to get to that moment, lasts a lifetime. All the time I spent running, just to complete that 5k, made me better. All the hours I spent fixing that store, made me better. Better is forever. The journey is what changes us, not  the winning. Sure, we will meet obstacles along the way, but our sight is set on an end result. The goal motivates us, but the journey changes us. We find out what we are really made of, we find our weaknesses, our strengths, and our breaking point. When we come face to face with these things in our lives, we have an opportunity to become better. Becoming better is where the winning really is. Don't be afraid to stretch yourself for the sake of accomplishing a goal. While accomplishing that goal will create a euphoric moment in our lives, the journey will make a lasting impression in your life. The journeys in life are what help us create our lives. Go out and create your life by living those journeys that you have been procrastinating. Remember, "Winning is the moment, but better is forever."

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big

No comments:

Post a Comment