Sunday, June 2, 2013

Gotta Take Them Both

The past few days have been a roller coaster of sorts for me. It has had some great moments and a few discouraging as well. But isn't that the way life seems to work sometimes?
Thursday morning I had my follow up appointment with an orthopedic doctor concerning my knew. The fracture is healed and we are going to proceed with my knee surgery on Tuesday. I have some apprehensions about having surgery. Since I haven't had surgery since I was 4 years old, which I don't remember, I am a little nervous but I know that all will work out for the best in the end. I will be able to get back to running and accomplish my goal of running a 7 mile event in 2014. Later that night, I held a conference that lacked the turn out that I was hoping for. I know that everything happens for a reason but we still tend to have certain expectations in life. Sometimes, the higher our expectations, the greater risk for disappointment. I believe in the law of attraction, however, I can only control my actions not what other people do. Even though the turn out was less than I desired, I still gave it 100%. I showed up and gave it my my best, because those who came deserved my best. Turns out, a lady that attended works at a local community college and may have some speaking opportunities for me in the future. I was taught a long time ago that the most important people are the ones who show up.
On Saturday, I attended the wedding of some very good friends. What a beautiful wedding and fun reception. Since the bride, groom, and I all graduated from the same small school, the reception was more like a class reunion for multiple classes. I always enjoy catching up with friends who I haven't seen in a few years. The down side to the night was, a close friend of mine has decided to make some changes in his life and has decided to shut me and some other friends completely out of his life. It's a shame that he has made this decision, but it is his life to live and all I can do is move on with my life and wish him the best. The upside, I was complimented on my facebook posts. I know that if I start my day on a positive note, I greatly increase my chances of having a positive day. In sharing these posts, I have touched other people's lives. I was very happy and flattered that I had reach some of them in their time of need. 
We have to learn to take the good with the bad. Bad things are just going to happen, but life will also throw some good in there and if you sow enough good into your own life, the good will outweigh the bad. I am so thankful for for all the aspects of my life. The good and the bad. Everything has it's place and a reason why it happens. It has taken some time, but the life that I desire is beginning to happen. I am thankful for my journey and all of it's ups and downs for without them I would not be where I am today.

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big

No comments:

Post a Comment