Friday, July 26, 2013

A Dirty Little Secret

For those of you that don't know, I went to Los Angeles last weekend for "The Kyle Cease Weekend Experience: A 3 Day Escape From Mediocrity." I went, knowing that this could be a life changing experience, but I didn't give it perimeters. I didn't want to put what I thought might happen into a box and look for only that. I wanted to keep an open mind and more importantly, my heart and soul open to infinite possibilities. I was completely blown away. I left that weekend with a new and better understanding of who I am and what I have to offer in this life. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail about all of the experiences that I had at this getaway but just so you know, you will be hearing more about this in the weeks to come. 

I wanted to take this opportunity to share my biggest epiphany from this event. It was nothing in-particular that was said and it actually came towards the end of day 2(Saturday). I realized that I had been keeping a dirty little secret. I am now going to share that secret with you. My secret is that I have been leading a double life. I have been living as a retail store manager to the public at large. All the while hiding my true passion and desire. Sure, some of you know that I have done some speaking and life coaching. But I have hidden that passion and desire from most of the public. Why? I'm not completely sure. It could be because I was afraid of what others might think. Maybe I was afraid of failure. Maybe it was because I felt more security in keeping it a secret and only sharing it with those who I knew wouldn't judge me if I never made it into a full-time business. Now don't get me wrong, I like what I do as a retail store manager and I've been told that I am really good at it. Maybe, I am afraid of just taking a leap without knowing where or how I will land.  Here is what I realized while on my weekend experience, it doesn't matter. This job is currently paying my bills and taking care of my family. However, make no mistake about it. My passion for speaking and coaching will come to it's fullest potential. I am now giving myself no other option. My new friend, Glenn Morshower, said it like this, "It's like you are at the lake fishing, you are just waiting on the bigger fish."Glenn said that he had to work as a waiter until his acting career really took off. He had bills to pay and a family to take care of. I have been through what I have been through in my life and there is no turning back. I can sit here all day because I know that that fish will eventually take the bait. I have taken my "dirty little secret" and I am now shouting it from the mountain top. I am making daily strides to help the process along. How or when it will happen I don't know and that isn't really any of my concern. I will leave that up to the universe and I will just keep myself out there and stop hiding my true nature. After all, why would I want to hide something that gives me such an intrinsic happiness from the world and save it for just a few. The world needs to hear my story and it will.

One last thing, as many of you know, I write this blog weekly. However, I will be posting some videos on AIAO Life Coaching facebook page that will be exclusive content for those of you who would like to see it. This content will be more intense than my usual blog, but it's time that I share other stuff with you.

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comment.
Facebook: AIAO Life Coaching

Twitter: @danclark72
Email: AIAOLifeCoaching@gmail.com

1 comment: