Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wind Beneath My Wings

I am sure that many of you both new to this blog and those of you who have know me for years, might be wondering, "Why is it I do what I do?" I have had a pretty successful career in retail and retail management. I make a decent living for me and my family. We don't have all the best stuff in the world. We don't live in the nicest home. We don't drive the fanciest cars. So, what's with all the motivational facebook and twitter posts? Why do you write this blog? The reason is simple, I want to give back to others like people have given to me. In a world dominated by social media, what better way to do just that. I didn't have a horrible childhood. Sure, I have shared some of my struggles with you in the past, but all-in-all I think I had a pretty normal up-bringing. I've had and still do have obstacles to overcome. That it just a part of life. But at one of the hardest points in my life, I had a couple of friends take me under their wings. They showed me that, even in my struggles, I had more potential that I realized. They show me to the path of self-confidence and self-esteem. They poured their hearts and souls into me and became the wind beneath my wings. Hell, at times, I didn't even know that I had wings, let alone being able to fly. When I have needed a word of encouragement the most, random people seem to have appeared in my life. Maybe for a moment, maybe for years, but someone has always been there. That is why I do what I do. When you are having a bad day and you check your facebook or twitter, I want to encourage you. I want to be the wind beneath your wings. And those days that you can't even feel your wings, I want to remind you that you have wings and will fly again soon. When you feel like the world has turned it's back on you, I want you to know that I haven't. For those who have helped me along the way, words cannot express my deep gratification for all that you have done in my life. Whether it's in a twitter or facebook post, a blog post, or in a speech that I have given, I hope that I can inspire you to make a difference in your own life. That is why I do what I do and I do it because I love doing it. I will make a difference in this my world and hopefully yours.

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big

facebook: Dan Clark
facebook page: AIAO Life Coaching
twitter: @danclark72
Email: AIAOLifeCoaching@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment