Thursday, July 11, 2013

Buying vs. Investing

I had the day off and decided that my car is long over due for a bath and a good waxing. So I got up this morning and went to the store to buy some wax. First of all, the selection have went way down since I last purchased car wax .Secondly, I wonder how many people do this any more by hand any more. One of the lessons that I learned from my Mom and Grandpa, was how to was a vehicle by hand. I remember spend hours on Saturday cleaning and waxing our cars when I was a kid. Sure it was hard work, but it was time well spent with my Mom and an investment into my life and the life of my vehicle. We have no problem doing house or car repairs, because it is protecting our investment. Just like we go to the doctor when something isn't right with our bodies. But why do we procrastinate going the extra mile in taking care of our investments? Many times it's the little things that we ignore that cost us the most in the end. We have to take care of our bodies, minds, and spirits. We cannot neglect these things, we do, bad things happen. Even though I don't agree the how disposable our society has become, things can be replaced, we only get one shot with our bodies, minds, and spirits. Why do we justify and rationalize why we can't read that book, go to that seminar, or get on a exercise routine? I believe that everything needs to be in moderation, but none it not moderation. I still love to have fun and enjoy a good party from time to time. I enjoy junk food. But I have to watch my intake because I know that these kinds of things are addictive to me. I splurged and had a Cherry Mash candy bar today and boy was it YUMMY. I still think that DQ needs to make it into a blizzard flavor. But back to the subject. Don't put off taking care of yourself. Stop just buying stuff and things that create temporary happiness and invest in creating lasting happiness in you. In just over a week from today, I am flying to Los Angeles to participate in a conference. Yes, we had the money for it. Sure we had to cut out some stuff to make it happen. But I understand that it is an investment into me. When I apply the things that I have learned at the conference, will be an investment into those that I love. You will never find the time to invest, you will have to make the time. You will never have the money, something else will come up. Investments require sacrifice. Make the sacrifice. You don't expect your investment into your 401k to make it possible to retire at 30. It's a long term investment. You should look at it the same way when you are investing in you. It's a long term investment and very well worth the wait. Now go out there and put some sweat equity into your life, like I did on my car today, and watch your life begin to change.

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big.

Find me on facebook: AIAO Life Coaching
                  twitter: @danclark72

No comments:

Post a Comment