Thursday, July 4, 2013

Consentual Slavery?

Consentual slavery, it seem like it would be impossible. You may not know it, but we are all consentual slaves. We are slaves to our thoughts and actions. In one way or another, our lives are controlled by either our thoughts, actions, or both. What we think is very powerful, however, the control of our thoughts end where our actions begin if they are not in alignment. Our actions can control our thoughts if we are not careful. We, all too often, walk a tightrope between thought and action. Stress, drama, anxiety, and depression are just some of the things that you will have to deal with when your thoughts and action are not in alignment. We will tell ourselves that we are frustrated with a situation in our lives and yet go out and repeat that exact same behavior that got us into our situation. That makes us a slave to our actions. We will go out and act upon a situation in our lives, and yet we tell ourselves that we aren't worthy of a different life. That makes us a slave to our thoughts. We cannot live lives, successfully, where our thoughts and actions are in constant conflict. To live a life with minimal stress, drama, and anxiety, our thoughts and actions must be in alignment. We deserve to live a life full of happiness and one where we confidently pursue our life's purpose. You will forever be depressed as long as you keep your thoughts and actions as polar opposites. I have been on all three sides of this battle. I have lived a life where from the outside looking in, everything was spectacular. I had a great family life, a good job, and friends, but the things that I was telling myself were anything buy positive. I was enslaving myself by my limiting thoughts. I had a low self-image and low self-esteem. I was miserable. I have also, lived my life where my thoughts we where they needed to be, but my actions were not taking me to the life I envisioned. I was cynical, manipulative, and only cared about how my actions would benefit me. Then there is how I live my life today. My thoughts and actions are in alignment. My self talk is about how I want to live my life and my actions back that up. I live a life with way less stress, drama, and anxiety. It's not a life free of these things, but I now control the amount of them in my life and how I will deal with them. Sure there are some things in my life that I want to change, but I am patient enough to give it time to happen and willing to put in the work to help make it happen. Are your thoughts and actions in alignment, or are you a consentual slave to them? I am still a consentual slave to my thoughts and actions, but I am not in a constant battle between them. I know that my thoughts and actions will take me where I want to go in life. 

Dream Big...Pursue Big...Live Big

No comments:

Post a Comment